Monday 23 April 2012

Monday Morning Blues

Good Morning everyone, woke up in a foul mood, i didn't get a chance to get a thing don't yesterday, what with pain from toothache, backache, and feeling ill i just couldn't even drag myself online, well I'm back today, I'm not 100% but I'm getting there, its horrid when you know you have readers and you cant get back on, so I'm sorry to those who read.

I'm hoping to get a few things done today so lets see how it goes today :) 

Back soon all :D

Update coming shortly, just gonna get a coffee, and I'll be back ;)

Right here we go coffee on the side, and lappy in from of me :)

I've decided to do a little more on the body work today, but found something unexpected, A crack on the tailgate, A CRACK *SHOCK* i haven't treated this today though so just primed over what i didn't, for no . i decided first to fasten down the panels at the back and get rid of the disgusting dirt and grime under the glass at the back

As you can see from the picture on the left, screw mission and its looking rather grim to be honest, i hate dirt, but love getting dirty :)



I think in all honesty my car was starting to lay the foundations for mushroom breeding lol


there is quite a lot of bleaching today to kill mould but it will get done, anyway i finish screwing back down those small side panels, of which i will have pics later as silly me forgot to take em DOH!!!!!!!

And i have started on the scratches and chips on the tailgate . firstly this one .

You cant see from a picture, but that's one deep scratch and i found that crack just to the left of it , which I'll try and point out after, but as before, you have to strip back the paint and increase your work area .

I can show show you in this picture about stripping back the paint, as you can see, I've decided to take it back by about an inch.


So as you can see I've also worked on the stone chips in that area too, NOW the one to the furthest left is where the Crack is , which i will widen slightly soon and fill with P38 filler for dents and scratches, this is made by U-POL and can be picked up and any car care or accessories shops.

So that will be another job in the next few day to do , so as i said before i decided for not since the weather was looking off, to prime it straight off for a little protection from the rain should it come


As you can see between the two pictures you can get a nice smooth coat just from a little rubbing.
Anyway off for a bit of lunch and hopefully a bit more after, see you soon ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment